Thursday, May 21, 2009

Classic Bike Show at the Melody Inn



Last Friday was the 3rd Annual Rockers Reunion and Vintage Motorcycle Show & Party at the Melody Inn in Indianapolis.  This sounded like something that was right up my alley so I hopped on my bike, made sure my girl was securely fastened behind me, and headed on over.  Needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.  There were so many impressive classic bikes, it was hard not to post all the photos here.  I tried to whittle it down some but I still ended up with a lot.  

Awards were given out for the best bikes in several categories: Best Cafe Racer, Best Rat Bike, and Best in Show. Try strapping a large trophy made of jagged old bike parts to your vintage cafe racer...  not an easy task.  

After the show, we rode our bikes down through the city circle and finally to the Brass Ring in Fountain Square, where we spent the rest of the evening snacking on chips and artichoke dip.



I'm a sucker for old British bikes.  This BSA is a great example.




Winner: Best Rat Bike
The cloud of smoke that came from this bike when started was quite admirable.



A vintage Vespa with all the bells and whistles.


Yahama SX-650


Triumph Thruxton 900
A new classic.



A very nice BMW 750/5 cafe racer.




Winner: Best in Show
This was my favorite bike of the bunch: A 1971 Norton Commando cafe racer owned by Tim O'Donnell.  Tim is the owner of Shamrock Cycles where he hand builds bicycle frames.  Check out his website: http://www.lugoftheirish.com.






I really like the old Triumphs.





Honda CB 750 Four


Moto Guzzi


Winner: Best Cafe Racer
I believe this is a Honda CB 350 Four.  What a beautiful bike!




Suzuki 250



Kawasaki kZ900





No comments:

Post a Comment